EW!DC is seeking candidates for the following position:
School Coordinator (multiple positions available)
Why pass up this great opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child? The area's largest children's literacy and mentoring organization in the DC area seeks part-time team members to coordinate school-based reading & mentoring programs. This rewarding position requires working on site at a Title I elementary school, coordinating mentors and students for a reading program Mon-Fri during students' lunch period. Must be extremely reliable and enthusiastic, with excellent organizational skills. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and a passion for working with children are essential. Must be detail-oriented, service oriented, and ready to make a commitment to the mission of Everybody Wins! DC; familiarity with Microsoft Office, esp. Excel, a plus. Bilingual (Spanish and English) candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Everybody Wins! DC (EW!DC) is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting children's literacy and a love of learning through shared reading experiences with caring individuals.
To Apply: Email Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line “School Coordinator Search”). No Phone Calls Please.
Development and Communications Intern
The Development and Communications Intern will assist with fundraising programs, communication projects and special events in support of Everybody Wins! DC’s mission. This is an unpaid position and is 15-20 hours per week
• Assist with media relations: Draft and distribute press releases, conduct media research and follow-up calls.
• Draft e-newsletter and website articles.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of special events.
• Work to research and cultivate new funding sources.
• Enter gift information into Raisers Edge database.
• Provide administrative support to the Development and Communications Manager and also the Development Foundation and Operations Manager, as needed.
Knowledge And Skills:
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Outstanding teamwork and “can do” attitude.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• Ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for information.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, Word and Excel
• Special events experience is preferred
To Apply: Fax or E-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Attn: Development and Communications Manager
The StoryTime Intern will work closely with Readers Are Leaders & StoryTime Program Coordinators to plan and implement StoryTime performances at each school site. The StoryTime Intern will be responsible for scheduling and facilitating StoryTime performances at each school.
This is an unpaid position and is 15-20 hours per week
Specifically, the StoryTime Intern will:
• Maintain excellent relations with StoryTime school principals and other personnel
• Collect information from participating schools
• Assist with deliveries of StoryTime materials to school sites
• Attend StoryTime performances to ensure the success of the program
• Supervise the distribution of books at StoryTime performances
• Introduce participating students to Everybody Wins! DC, the StoryTime program, and visiting storytellers at StoryTime performances
• Prepare distribution books for StoryTime performances
• Prepare supplemental activity sheets for each teacher
• Support program operations by keeping & reporting accurate data
• Complete a program evaluation for each StoryTime performance; documenting number of students in attendance, storyteller, names of teachers, books distributed, success and challenges
• Research new storytellers expand the StoryTime roster
• Participate in program meetings as required
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Rachael Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org.