In November, Everybody Wins DC launched its 1st Inaugural Association Book Drive Challenge. 18 associations participated in the challenge with a combined goal of donating at least 2,500 diverse books that EWDC would distribute to students and families via Little Free Library Read in Color book-sharing boxes and our schools and community partners this holiday season and school year.
Thank you to the following associations for participating:
- American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers
- American Exploration and Production Council
- Edison Electric Institute
- National Retail Federation
- American International Automobile Dealers Association
- American Beverage Association
- The Business Council
- Interstate Natural Gas Association of America
- Alliance for Automotive Innovation
- Consumer Brands Association
- Personal Care Products Council
- The American Council of Life Insurers
- American Petroleum Institute
- US Tire Manufacturers Association
- American Investment Council
- American Bankers Association
- Consumer Technology Association
At the conclusion of the challenge, associations more than doubled the goal, raising 6,300 books to support kids through our Book Project program.
The winner of the Association Book Drive Challenge is American International Automobile Dealers Association (AIADA)!
With over 500 books donated and the greatest number of books donated per staff member at over 42 per person, AIADA is the champion of our inaugural drive!
A huge thank you to all of the donors who made this possible, and to JoBeth Hodges, who led the effort at AIADA. Click to hear AIADA’s acceptance speech.
EWDC would like to acknowledge Mile Sommers + American Petroleum Institute for spearheading the challenge, for their generous book donations, and for volunteering to bring these books out into the community during the holiday season! Thank you for all of your indispensable work to make this drive a success!