Jobs & Internships
SY2022-23 PROGRAM COORDINATORS
Everybody Wins DC seeks qualified candidates to serve as part-time Program Coordinators for the 2022-23 program year. The position is responsible for day-to-day operations of Power Readers, a mentoring program that connects students and volunteers to read together for one hour a week. Program Coordinators may also support other EWDC programs, including StoryTime and The Book Project.
The part-time Program Coordinator position is seasonal, with the term expected to begin in September 2022 and run through early June 2023. The Program Coordinator wage is $18 per hour and requires successful completion of a background check and drug test as a condition of employment. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required for in-person work at service sites. Schedules for Power Coordinators will vary between 10-20 hours per week based on candidate availability and program need. For 2022-23, Power Readers sessions will be held both in-person at schools (possible locations include Arlington, VA; Washington, DC; and Silver Spring, MD) and remote via online reading platform. All Program Coordinators will be asked to manage at least one in-person Power Readers session per week. General hours of Power Readers operation are:
- Monday – Friday, 10AM – 2PM: In-person sessions at service sites
- Monday – Friday, 4PM – 6PM: Both in-person and remote sessions
- Manage 2-5 Power Readers sessions each week based on assigned schedule, including managing student and mentor schedules, facilitating reading sessions, addressing any operational issues for in-person sessions and technology issues for virtual sessions.
- Assist in the recruitment of students, matching of students and mentors, and volunteer training.
- Collect and maintain attendance data, survey results, and other program outputs/outcomes.
- Communicate volunteer, student/family, and program needs with Program Staff.
- Support the distribution of program materials, event invitations, operating procedures, forms, and manuals.
- Attend training sessions, meetings, and EWDC events, and support other EWDC activities on an as needed basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and efficiently with a team
- Ability to anticipate challenges and opportunities and proactively address them
- Strong computer skills; CRM/database experience a plus, especially with Salesforce
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
EWDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. In addition, EWDC is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion with regard to its workplace practices, including hiring, promotion, pay and advancement. EWDC embraces and values the creativity, diversity of experience and thought, and the enhanced quality of work product generated when people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences, education, races, faith, abilities, ages, and gender identities or expression collaborate to create something unique and meaningful together.